Monday, February 15, 2010

Simple As That

Someone told me a few days ago that I'm so confident. I mentally scoffed. The same person told me I was pretty, I told them "I'm not, but thank you."

I've looked in the mirror naked for 2 minutes. Every day. I walk away from it as fast as I could because I was so disgusted and put off and saddened by what I saw. Me. I saw me as a fat girl, with crooked teeth and an acne embraced face.

I've become self loathing.

And it kills me inside.

I think about this every night. I think about how terrible I look. And I cry. I tell no one. Not even my mom or Nan or best friends.

I understand that no one is perfect. I understand everyone has flaws. I know that the girls on TV, magazines, and the like have body flaws too and that they're just covered up better than most girls. I honestly do. I know that looks should not be everything. And I know they aren't.

So here's the "but"... I have nothing to be confident about. Not one thing. I have no talents, though some say I do. I don't have an absorbent memory. I don't have a healthy, athletic or thin body. I don't have clear skin. I don't have straight teeth. I don't have any natural beauty. Hell, I don't have any courage. I don't have anything to be confident about.

And I'm saying this to a cyber world of strangers who probably think I'm nothing but a teenage whiner on a "Woe is me" fest.

But I know I'm not. I just....I can no longer keep this inside of my, eating at me. I'm beginning to hate myself and that scares me.

I'm 180 pounds of fat.

I'm a teenage scary cat with no social life.

I'm a talentless nobody.

I'm a lost, lonely and self-loathing girl.

You tell me different and I won't believe you.

Simple as that.

1 comment:

  1. The fact that you can write all that - so clearly - and share with others means you DO have courage.

    Your writing is amazing...and as a writer I can vouch for that.

    It is as simple as THAT!

    The rest is cosmetic...which can be changed (easily, inexpensively...email me for ideas - some natural stuff you'd be surprised works!)...the REAL you...who you ARE is caring (Ive seen it and felt it), you are talented at LEAST in writing and maybe more....

    So it's ok to feel yuck about ourselves at times as long as you know when to come out of it and that's what I'm here to tell you - it's time!

    We all create who we are - some against different odds than others....but we all CAN be who we want to be...

    Read my latest blog....may give you some insight that I know what I'm talking about...and be in touch...

    ReplyDelete