Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Harry Potter....Need a Title Say More Than That?



I have to write about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. My reasons...

1. Harry Potter is only one of the most incredible and MAGICAL experiences to ever grace this planet we call home.

2. Harry Potter and, by extension, J.K. Rowling is GENIUS!

3. Harry Potter has everything. Suspense, mystery, good vs. evil, betrayal, honor, loyalty, bravery, cowardliness, important of family, love, death, shock-factors, comedy, magic and a pureness and importance that will forever stay with this generation and every Harry Potter fan to ever live.

I could go on. I saw the film twice. Once on the first day it came out in 2D and then a couple days later in 3D (which was awesome since it was also the first time I'd ever seen a movie in 3D.) I cried each time during one particular scene and once (the first viewing) another. I DARE any reader to guess which scenes! I don't cry easily so that's my way of telling you that HpDhP2 has a real impact on even an unemotional person, such as myself.

There are two feelings of which I believe reside in every Harry Potter fan. Excitement and sadness. Excitement to see the final installment, to see how the cast and crew have managed to portray the last of the story that's captured and mesmerized many hearts and to see (if they've not read the books) who lives and who dies. Sadness because this means the end of the movies. Which is a tragedy that I believe cannot be escaped. Sure, when the last book came out all Harry Potter readers felt a sadness, but we had the movies going on too so it didn't really feel like it was ending.

But now, we have the last book portrayed in two movies and we come to the sudden, terrifying and sad realization that the world of Harry Potter is over in both book pages and the movie screen. 

However, Harry Potter shall always be around in our minds, hearts, movie collections, public and personal libraries, fanfiction, movie prop replica collections and even on some people bodies....I've seen far too many lightening bolts on peoples foreheads and Dark Marks on forearms and a list of other Harry Potter related tattoos. Not to mention The World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Orlando. Which I'm still dying to go to!

So while the story ends it always remains. 

I've been a fan since the first book, I've read all seven books three times each, I have the sword of Godric Gryffindor, two original movie posters of the first two movies, all books and movies and a wicked purple Deathly Hallows hoodie with one Severus Snape on the back. And I'm still going to be collecting everything I can of Harry Potter. I'm that much of a proud neek (nerd/geek.)

Overall, the last film surpassed all my expectations and hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment