Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fire In The Family

November 19, 2009



I'm sitting here thinking- What the hell do I write? I've had no inspiration to write in my blog lately. Except for the Twilight rant yesterday. Things have just been a blur the last few weeks. I'm going to my Aunt and Uncle's house tomorrow and can't wait. My Uncle Larry isn't exactly legal Uncle just yet, he will be once he marries my Aunt but I've known him since the 3rd grade, longer than my whole family has known him. So he's like an Uncle. My brother lives with my Aunt and Uncle because he's legally my Aunt's son but my Mom's biological son. My Aunt adopted him when he was little because my Mom needed help. It was weird when I first found out at 14 years old but it's worked out. He still calls my Aunt his Mom and my Mom his Aunt. People think it's weird. My best friend thinks I have a "Dr. Phil" life because of everything that happens t me. I just call it life's huge surprises.

Anyways, I love my Uncle Larry. He's one of the only people I'd trust with my life. Though I guess it helps that he's a Firefighter. I think he's nuts because he decided that's what he wants to do because I am terrified of fire. But he likes it as far as I can tell.

I think I've been afraid of fire since a house I'd lived in with my Mom and Ex step dad had caught on fire, somehow the fireplace did it. I'm not sure of the details. But I'm defiantly afraid of it. When I went to Universal Studios, we went to the Backdraft show. Now the end of the show was cruel for me because the whole thing caught fire, of course it as restrained (however they did that miracle) and it couldn't cause any damage or get out of control. But then I was on the last level and that level FELL! It didn't fall all the way down of course but enough to make me jump even when frozen with fear, teeth grinding, eyes wide and heart stopped. Not a good experience for me. And not one I'm likely to repeat. If you're over 60 and have high blood pressure or heart problems and you are terrified of fire like I am- I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT! If you're not however, you might find it interesting.

Funny how thoughts travel huh? From sitting, to my Uncle Larry, to fire, to Universal Studios. I love the brain. It's a complex little mystery of life that I don't think science can explain most the time. Something or someone genius knew what s/he was doing when s/he made us Humans.

2 comments:

  1. Just saw your tweet and thought I'd stop by and say howdy. Great post. And thanks for heads-up on the Backdraft show! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hey and thank you!!! I hope to have better posts in the feature when my life is a bit more settled. :) Have a lovely Thanksgiving day!

    ReplyDelete