Tuesday, January 22, 2013

20 Reasons Why I Love Twitter

Yes, you read that title right. I'm going there. And if you're brave, you'll read this list I've prepared for my lovely readers. For clarification, these are not in order of favorites or reasons, they are utterly random.

1) It gives me the chance to talk to anyone that is not in my family. As harsh as that may be, Facebook is for family, twitter is for friends, random awesome people, and celebrities; whereas Facebook is just for family and friends.There's just some thing you don't want to have your family to know and comment on.

2) I get to know things that people NOT on Twitter usually do not know. Like about the history of the computer. I can't tell name how many times I've learned something new from someone I don't even know, from across the world...slight exaggeration but the east coast feels like worlds away to me.

3) I get the daily news from other countries that I've never been to but seriously would love to visit.

4) I've gotten to know quite a few amazing people who happen to speak English and those people are in other countries, so I love that.

5) It's a challenge for me to say what I want to say in 140 characters. And I love challenges when it comes to writing...well and sometimes life but I'd rather the challenges not be blown up in my face all at once, like right now.

6) There's this awesome account under @olv that tweets about where a lot of my favorite shows are being filmed so that maybe if I'm near by I can catch a glace at how the TV show shooting thing works, as that's one thing I would love to do (being on a show I mean.) Alas, nothing in Arizona yet.

7) The above brings me to celebrities- bands, artists, actors, actresses, athletes, authors, producers etc. I will tweet to them in response of some of their tweets and I do it quite frequently. No, I don't expect them to reply, because obviously there's too many mentions for them to reply to everyone. (Note- That doesn't mean I don't get excited when someone does respond, or favorites one of my tweets to them....Like @Gabriel_Mann favorited one of my tweets to him, asking him to tell my mom a happy birthday because she loves him and the show...which so do I.)

8) The above got me thinking about one of the most wonderful people I've encountered on Twitter. She's funny, sweet, kind, honest and dear Lordy so many other adjectives. It's the lovely, amazing @Alyssa_Milano who has been graciously following me back for quite a while. It's not just because she's a celebrity that makes me love Twitter and her, it's her tweets as well because she tweets about various things. Her life, sports, quotes that inspire, charities she wants people to be aware of, her beautiful son, and she actually tries to respond to her followers as well. And she often retweets!

9) Twitter gave me a friend who understands my hardships and shares with me hers. She's a wonderful person who I feel I can be honest with and I adore her. She's the reason I'm continuing my blog and trying to make at least two posts a week. I only know of her as Svetlana, but she is dear to my heart.

10) I. Learn. A. LOT! From a lot of different people on various subjects and if that's not the coolest thing than I don't know what is...well besides the technology we have today.

11) Twitter is another form of a blog. Really, it is. It's just short sentences that we update on our own time in our emotional frame of mind. There's a psychology on Twitter and its Tweeters, that's how complex and diversified it is. But in all seriousness that I can produce at the moment, Twitter is a blog that allows us to update who ever wants to know about what we are doing, how we are feeling, what our interests are, what our dislikes are, what our political views are, what our worldly views are...etc. It's just that we are forced to keep it in sentences instead of long posts of paragraphs and lists. (Like this!)

12) There are no game invites. One of the biggest reasons I hate Facebook is because of all the freaking game invites. And really, if I haven't accepted the hundreds of invites by now, why keep sending me them? Like really. Thank you to the creators of Twitter that allow me to speak my peace...in non-game invite peace.

13) This is my favorite and lucky number. So I'm just going to add, in a subject that is not Twitter, that I will be 21 on May 21st and be in Vegas in 2013! So I'm going to be lucky in Vegas and it's going to be a lucky year for me...I'm going to keep that in mind everyday so I don't have posts like the last one. But I'll give another reason on why I love Twitter...his name is Matthew Gray Gubler @GUBLERNATION and he plays in Criminal Minds as Dr. Spender Reid. I adore him in that show and from what I can tell from his tweets, he's a fun-loving, sweet, silly, handsome thing of a man.

14) Back on subject, Twitter is fun. You have all those trending topics you can talk about and it gains you new friends you didn't realize you could ever have. Personally, I like to talk about the shows I watch with hashtags on them because I'm gaining friends who love what I do.

15) You can tweet all day long and there's never an annoyed person. On Facebook, if you post things all day, they delete you or are at the very least annoyed by your posts. With Twitter, that doesn't happen. And if it does it's rare, because I tweet like mad sometimes and people don't tell me I'm annoying.

16) Not only am I introduced to new information but I'm introduced to new products, different and new music, odd, quirky pictures, beautiful designs and pictures...etc. Which is so fantastic because it's like my Twitter feed is a mall.

17) I can follow and be followed by companies that I can refer back to if I need to and spread the word to my friends about different companies based on their needs. It's really cool to say to your friend, "Hey I know your back is in some serious damage but I know a doctor that works in a company not far from here that can really help you." Kind of makes me the go-to person with my co-workers and family.

18) You can share anything you desire, and rarely does anyone comment on how sexual, stupid, gross, odd, disturbing, inappropriate, silly, selfish, unimportant etc., that what you shared is. Again I'm ragging on Facebook.

19) I can ask for advice on technology I'm thinking about buying and not only do I get it and a lot of it, but I get it free. It's awesome and saves time and money.

20) Twitter changes in new, better ways that suit most of the users of the social media site. It's exciting to find a new way to do something or say something or find out something and Twitter gives its users that.

So there are my reasons for loving Twitter, and I'm sure there will always be more to come my way. There's always a surprise when it comes to life, science, people, technology, and Twitter. Again, another reason!






6 comments:

  1. Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much, beautiful <3
    Made my day :-D

    You`re such a wonderful person and one day I would love to meet you in person :) <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, are you going to upload any new videos soon to your youtube channel? :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most welcome! Hopefully one day we can meet! I'd love that.

    I don't think so, I'm a better writer than I am a speaker. Besides I would have no clue what to do a video blog on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad :(
    I loved your videos...
    There are so many so called tags on youtube you could do!
    But I`m glad you`ll keep posting to this blog :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dunno. I might come up with something to do on YouTube. Who knows? =)

    ReplyDelete