Wednesday, January 16, 2013

How To Get Out of My Carefully Constructed Cage

I'm back...who knows for how long. This time I'm posting because I'm in a...well for lack of a better stereotype and word...emo mood. I've thought about a lot within the last few months and I've never let it out. It's like it's all on repeat in my read, like thoughts embedded within my mind that I can't erase no matter how many times I try to act like I'm okay. It's so sad that I can act like a happy girl around my family and be so incredibly good at it, that it completely surpasses my whole families radar. Especially my mom's since she knows me so well.

I feel like Alice in Wonderland. Except I'm Amber in EverLost-Land. I feel like I fell into this big, black hole expect it's all in my mind and I can't escape by defeating the Red Queen of Hearts. I don't think I've ever used a Disney analogy before. I could definitely make a Peter Pan analogy but it would be a dark, dismal, sad one and I like Peter Pan too much to do that right now.

Lost. That's such a word to describe my state of mind right now. Mess, too. I'm a lost mess. I used to love school, loved to learn and in a way I still do. I'm taking community college classes online full-time right now. And I hate it. I like the prospect of learning what I'm taking, but I'd rather just read the textbooks then take the class. And I always loved my grade school/high school teachers. I'm taking Criminology, Into to Global Security and Information, Computer and Security. They are all eight weeks long and then I start Forensic Science. All these classes are what I've looked forward to since I was 13 and decided to give up on my dream of becoming an actress and go with the reality of becoming a Special Agent in the FBI and working my way into the Behavioral Science Unit.

I love analyzing people and picking apart the way their minds work and why they do what they do, say what the say, think what they think. I gained that interest and love from watching movies and television. When I first saw Pirates of the Caribbean I was enraptured with the way the actors and actresses could make me smile, laugh and cry; how they could make me feel happy, sad, betrayed, scared, confused, excited and adventurous. I wanted to be able to do that for people too. I wanted to be able to give people an outlet from reality and fall in love with another world of fantastical, motivating, wonderful plots and stories. I still do...and I don't know what to do with the struggle of dreaming to be an actress and writer and learning to be in law enforcement. Both careers are all about human behavior, but instead of portraying it like I dream to, I have to settle for perusing certain (criminal) behaviors.

When you live in a little town in Arizona (a place of no opportunities) it's nearly impossible to become anything other than what I am now...A gas station clerk..no no, an injured gas station clerk, that's just going to a community college that are a dime a dozen. I'd love to live in California or Florida where I could get out of the small town life. I don't have natural motivation and I'm so reserved that it's difficult to get out of the carefully constructed cage I've tricked myself into.

Like I said...I'm a lost mess and I don't know how to dig myself out. I hate the self-pitying and self-destructive and self-hatred I've locked myself into. If only, I just knew how to start unlocking myself from it all.

5 comments:

  1. Yay, you`re back! So glad to finally hear from you again! See, you just made someone happy with a new blogpost :))

    Start with believing in compliments people give you.

    I know you`re a beautiful woman, a very warm-hearted person and you`re intelligent. I believe that you have many talents, maybe you haven`t even realised about them.

    Hope you`ll feel better soon and realize what a great person you are.

    xx,
    Svetlana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have plenty of time now, so I'll try to update at least once a week.

    I have a hard time taking compliments because I don't feel them, you know? Whatever compliment I get, I don't feel deserving of. But thank you, you always know how to make me smile through a bad time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, looking forward to your posts! <3

    Yeah I know what you mean, I can also never ever take a compliment...
    But what I said about you is the truth, I`d never lie about that!
    I just hope that one day you`ll finally realize that you`re amazing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll write one later today (since it's 1am where I am) just for you!

    We are just two peas in a pod then, are we not? (I finally understand that idiom!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww you`re so nice, thank you <3

    And yes, we are^^ :)

    ReplyDelete