Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Official Last Post of 2009 with a Requested Review

I said in my last post that I might write another post. So I am. The only problem is that, once again, I've no idea what to write about. I've written about some changes that will start in our next year. I even got emotional writing it.

Well I could write my review of "New Moon" that was requested of me or I could write about some statics I learned about New Years Eve or I could write as I eat the box of nerds I'm indulging myself with.

Or I could tell you how statistics say that on New Years Even an average of 421 people die in car accidents as I eat these nerds and write and tell you that I thought New Moon, the movie, was better than New Moon the book. Or I could do it the other way, switching around the subjects a few times but I think you get the picture.

Oh I've got a question for everyone? Why do people make such a big bloody deal about vampires that sparkle and werewolves that have hot human abs? Err, I mean werewolves that grow exceptionally fast? I mean seriously, the Twilight Saga is not a big deal at all. Okay so there's vampires and werewolves in the movie, but Underworld and Van Helsing and Dracula have those and they have a MUCH BETTER story to it. And the characters are more evolved and detailed than Meyer's characters.

I'm not hating on the Saga, like I said in my Twilight review. I'm simply stating the facts. Here's what New Moon has as pros:


  • Robert Pattinson, who I have to admit, is handsome in his charming, ruffled way and he's not too bad of an actor. I'd like to see him do more interesting and complex movies that have a dynamic character in which he has to work hard at portraying such a character and in such a complicated and better written movie. Because I personally think he could rock at it. But we'll have to see. I believe he has a new movie coming out soon. I'll have to see it and review.

  • Taylor Lautner, who is a wonderful actor of his age, and he's really, I can't believe I'm going to say this juvenile word- Hot! Other than his hot muscles (thank goodness I'm still 17 and can say that without sounding like a pervball) he's quite the actor, hell I loved him in "The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl" because he played his character to the T. (Whatever the "t" means cause I haven't a bloody clue.) I'd like to see how he'd do in a movie where he had to play a man with multiple personalities. That would be a challenge.

  • Kristen Stewart, I think a lot of the guys go just to see her because she is pretty but her acting does need some work. I wasn't too impressed, hopefully the movies she's in will be better for her. I'd like to see her in an action packed movie that gave her a lot of challenge and punch. Maybe if she portrayed a character that seemed to have more emotions than just love, sadness and fear then maybe she could truly prevail.

  • The Cullen Clan- The actors in the Cullen Clan were portrayed wonderfully. Alice, Rosalie, Esme, Jasper, Emmett, and Carlisle. Otherwise known as – Ashley Greene, Nikki Reed, Elizabeth Reaser, Jackson Rathbone, Kellan Lutz, and Peter Facinelli. They were absolutely, without a doubt wonderful. I especially liked Jackson's performance because it's hard playing a guy who looks like he's in pain and walks like he has a stick up no where fun. And Ashley….whew, her portrayal of Alice was perrrrfect.

  • The New Bad Clan- The Volturi. I like this twist, it's the only good one I believe was made in both movies. Twilight's bad guys were just "bad guys" they had no real power over seven good vampires. But the Voluri had power, all over Italy and even over other vampires in other parts of the world. So Meyer did right by them, as did the movie.

  • The Audience of Young Girls. I know a few young girls and immature teenage girls and know what they what and see. An immortal guy who falls deeply in love with a girl who is just herself. A dream guy for a lot of girls. And also, a buff softie at heart who's loved a girl since they made mud pies….Without those girls, this movie would probably not have made as much as it did.

  • The "Other Worldly" with feelings- Girls seem to love the whole "They're supposed to be bad but are good and fall in love anyways" persona of the supernatural. And what's not to like? A good, handsome, blood sucking immortal who wants a girl intensely. A hot guy with fur who loves a girl with the depths of his werewolf heart. I mean, come on, I've heard better stories that haven't gotten quite the attention that the Twilight Saga has. Yes, Underworld and Van Helsing being two of them. And both have romance and the supernatural and MORE.


That pretty much sums it up. The last bullet paragraph was more sarcastic on my part but hey, it's true…I could go on and on but the Twilight Saga doesn't warrant that kind of time and my fingers really are sore, as is my shoulder.


My point is this- The Twilight Saga is a good chick flick to watch as well as a whimsical movie to relax with. But it's not as big of a deal as it apparently is to some people. Want a list of "Big Deal" movies? Here- The Dark Knight, Angels and Demons, Public Enemies, Transformers 1 & 2, Taken, Push, Knowing, Lakeview Terrance….Those are just the few I've seen. There are a lot more I need to catch up on.


But I like watching the Twilight Saga, or the only two movies out so far because it's mindless good fun and it's a good movie to sit down and relax with as you eat yummy fattening candy. That's my opinion…..What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment