Sunday, January 3, 2010

I've Found You....I've Lost You

I've said before that I'm not ready to tell the story of my Dad, but this is for him. This is the mist of what I feel right now. This is for you Daddy.





Reaching for the sky, as I'm falling on the ground.
Determined not to hit the dirt.
I've held it all in so well.
But as I descend I rush out with doubt.

I'm not sure if I can win, not sure if I'll lose
This emotion controls me
As I fall I begin to cry.

Because I've lost you now and I don't understand why
I miss you, I have my whole life.
I found you, I lost you in the same year.
I found you, I love you.
I've lost you, I'm broken
I've lost you and I'm losing myself too.

Hitting the dirt, crying on the ground.
Lost in fury, lost in grief.
I can't find you, can't find myself.
My hearts in shreds, lost in dread.

I can not understand why life has tricked me so.
As soon as you're here you're gone
I cry, I'm torn.
I scream, not heard.
I want to fight like hell.
I want to curse at the world.

Because I've lost you now and I don't understand why
I miss you, I have my whole life.
I found you, I love you!
I found you, I lost you in a year.
I've lost you, I'm broken
I've lost you and I'm slowly losing myself too.

Hurting
Crying
Screaming
Bleeding
Can't find myself anymore

As soon as we were found we got lost
In the cruelty of the world, in life
You left me
You took my heart and killed it
I never got to say hi
I didn't want to say goodbye

But I've got my memory
And maybe that's all I need for now
Till we meet again
Know that I love you always, Daddy.


My Daddy. Now may he be in peace. I miss him so much.

3 comments:

  1. that`s so sad... :-(

    life can be so cruel,
    i know the pain you feel too well.
    felt it many times myself.

    i know people don`t believe when someone says `i know how you feel`.
    but i really, really do.

    i truly hope that your life will get better soon.
    i know you will never forget this, that`s something you can`t forget.
    but i hope that time will heal your heart,
    so that you can handle this.

    don`t give up, you`re a strong, young, lovely and beautiful person.
    you can do this!

    wish you all well.

    XOXO,
    Sveta

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I know what it's like to lose someone but I can never begin to imagine the hurt you must feel at the loss of such an important person if its any constilation I think your father will always be with you in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful, and powerful, too. One of the best poems/lyrics that I have ever read. Simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete