Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bad Day

October 8, 2009

Do you ever have one of those days where everything is going down the drain and then this one little thing goes wrong and you just completely go off on so many of the other things that go wrong?



Well today is that day for me. First, Twitter goes on freeze mode. Second, my mom tells me some things I don’t like. Third, I get all sorts of invites varying from the useless and stupid to the disgusting and gagging. Fourth, I log into a website and then BAM the puncher. My computer starts to go super slow and the two, I repeat TWO programs I have on go nuts and freeze and won’t close and I go bulged eyes, fierce sneering and a little nuts.



Not good. I’m a really patient person. Really. It takes a lot for me to get mad and I usually don’t have a temper. But today is just that day.



And I’m in the library so to make it worse I can’t kick my desk, swear out loud and curse anyone nor anything because I’d get in trouble and I’m almost to the point where I just don’t bloody care if I get in any bleeding trouble!



Who knew that a Thursday could be so bad? Oh. Speaking of which, my favorite, as of now, show will be on tonight. New episode of ‘Bones’ so that makes it a wee bit better.



So let’s see. I talked about my day, frustration and that bunch of crap I am no longer going to think about.



Ah yes, remember Jimmy? Well he’s here at the library again. I helped him out with a few things on his e-mail, computer and a few other things again. He used to go to computer science classes but had/has a learning disability and dropped out.



Did you know where they came up with calling a bug (AKA virus, problem etc.) a bug? It’s because the very first computer, which was bigger than my damn apartment, had a whole lot of switches for it. Well one day the computer had a problem, it wasn’t connecting.



So they got a whole bunch of technicians to check the switches to see what the problem was. Well eight hours later, yes I said eight, they found the switch that had the problem and saw what was causing that switch to screw up.



A bug. It was a literal bug that was stuck in the switch. That bug caused a whole lot of frustration. Much like today.

That’s what Jimmy told me.



“Wisdom and knowledge comes in all types and forms of sources.” –Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment