Thursday, October 8, 2009

Paranormal Activity

October 7, 2009

No subject. I have none for this blog. I didn't exactly plan to do a blog today. But today is such a slow day that I figured I'd write something. Because I mean, writing just kinda let's things out of you that you didn't really know you had in you to say, or well type. So I’m going to go on about the first thing that pops into my mind about today which is- Ah. Got it.


Paranormal activity.


Simple as that. And yet it is not. It fascinates me, intrigues me and captures my attention. Especially today. Let me tell you why…


I’m a Tweeter. Not as in a bird. Though I could try to tweet as one but I’d probably sound like a cat throwing up. Not pretty eh? I’m a Tweeter as in Twitter. I’m addicted and love it for many different reasons. One being- it brings many different people to my attention. I’m picky as hell when it comes to people to follow. But this one woman in Scotland captured my attention.


The night before I had heard noises in my home right as I lay down to bed and then tweeted about it. A follower therefore suggested paranormal activity. I don’t think it is. It’s probably just pipes, wind blowing branches against the house and animals. But trust me; I would love it if I did have an entity in my home, as long of course it didn’t threaten personal safety. Or scare the shit out of me. Because I mean, who wants that if you have to live with it all the time?


But this said follower retweeted what I said and one of her followers saw it and started talking to me. She believes her house has paranormal activity. And she is frightening by a few of her experiences, and it's not just her who's had them. I told her to take a few pictures at night with her camera and to record the night with a camcorder and go through it after wards. I also asked if she looked up her house's history and according to her she did and it had a not so picture-pretty history.


Then I went and looked up some Paranormal Investigative Groups that TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) had recommended for Scotland, because this woman is from Scotland. I gave her the names and contact information because she asked me to help her finding some help. I wasn’t about to turn her asking of help when she was frightened.


It’s sad how close-minded people can be about such things. She told me I’d been the first to take her seriously. Now I don’t have any proof this paranormal activity is real, I don’t know if what she says is true but I’m a pretty open-minded person to such things, so I’m going to take her word for it that she believes it’s happening.


This woman, whom I will not name since I’ve no permission to, told me she would keep me updated and I sincerely hope she does because I am interested in how it goes.


Now- I am not, by any means, an expert with the Paranormal, I’ve had no experience or skill with such things. But I’d like to learn. In fact I’d love to learn. I watch Ghost Hunters every Wednesday, well almost every Wednesday, I sometimes miss it. So I remember a few of the methods, gadgets and such that they do use.


Personally, I do believe that there are unexplained things how there that we are not meant to understand fully. But why should that stop us from trying? Why should we leave it be? If I had paranormal activity in my house I’d sit there talking to whatever is there. I don’t care if people think that’s crazy, stupid, immature or anything like that. I’m interested in it. Probably always will be.


There’s a Paranormal investigation at a supposedly “Haunted” hotel around my area every year for people who are interested. It’s a little over $250 to participate but I think I’ll do it next year when I get the money to do it. Yes, yes I think I will. Like I said in the beginning, it fascinates me. To think that souls either are left behind or choose to stay behind or just simply are. There are so many theories to why entities are on Earth. And I find them all so intriguing and almost genius.


Why can’t there be entities here? We humans are here are we not? Animals, plants, insects (as disgusting as most of them are) and all sort of other things. So why the bloody hell not Ghosts?


“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” – Hamlet, Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment