Saturday, October 17, 2009

Twitter and Why I Use It

October 13, 2009


Twitter. Such a beautiful and unique website, tool, place, whatever you want to call it. I am addicted. Once I get internet on my computers I'll be able to do a lot more with it. Hopefully. I really do enjoy it, the applications for it seem interesting. I can't wait to get a Blackberry so I can get the application for that. I like trying to figure out how to work something, technology, that it. I'm not much for a Rubix cube, I feel like throwing that thing against a wall or throwing it on the floor and smashing it with a hammer whenever I try to fix the damn thing.



Off subject, again. It won't be the last probably. Back to Twitter. So far I've talked with some interesting people. Only a fair few that I talk with regularly such as @XRoger_Cx and @Intel_Eric and @DrJays and @Michelangelo200 and @Sveta_1990 and a few more whose names I might mention when I remember later. I'm horrible with names. Oh and @JerryJClarke as well. I talk with those people the most I think. And I like them. They are very interesting to me. Different people on a site that hosts millions of people, a site that gave me these people to talk with, these people that I deem as interesting and kind. (And I really hope they don't mind my using their names cause I didn't ask if I could.)




I'm a picky person when it comes to people. When I follow someone it's either because they have a good cause they are promoting or a business I like. Or people I find them interesting and maybe a bit intriguing. If I'm in a very good mood though, I follow someone because they were kind enough to follow me in the first place. But it's not an often moment for me.





Why do I Twitter? Many people have asked me this. I only say a fragment of the truth and not the whole. I first started Tweeting because I had nothing else better to do. Really. I am not even kidding. I don't work, and do not, as of yet, go to school. So I was bored and decided when I was in San Diego on vacation, I was going to get onto Twitter and figure out why it was so popular. I had first gotten my account in May and I tweeted once and didn't see what the big deal was. So I didn't log into my account or anything until September this year. When I was in California I got wireless internet on my laptop because a friend had it at her house. So I logged on, changed my username from MysticGypsy to @Gypsyladyamber for some reason that I don't know. I set it all up, my bio and avatar and looked celebs up because no one I knew had an account at that time, well that I knew of. So I followed them and they brought other people to my attention and I really got into talking to people and then reading articles they tweeted and so on.




The truth is I now tweet because one- I do have nothing to do besides write and clean. Two- I enjoy reading things that are tweeted. Three- I like the people on there so far. and the biggest reason- I LOVE that Twitter offers a world of various people with various differences from myself and other on Twitter. It's kind of hard to explain. Twitter is an odd thing for me, because I am horrible with talking to strangers in reality, but Twitter makes it easy for me to talk with others and get to know them. Am I saying this clearly?




Twitter seems to come up with something for EVERYBODY! It's amazing and brilliant. It really is. You can find people with the same interests or the opposite. You can find people with causes, people who do things that mean something to them. People with business, public speakers, authors, actors, Social Media experts, hard labor workers who love life, doctors...I could really go on and on but why not see for yourself? Twitter really is brilliant.



I may not be there for the best reason or be the most popular on there or anything like that, I believe in Twitter and it's power and benefits. I mean you find out about things faster than you do the TV News channels! About charities, causes, people, meetings, new technology, problems with the world and things in it and so much more. Twitter users help their friends on there, it's astounding how many benefits and amazing little details and magnificent people are on Twitter!!!




If you don't have an account, get one and try it for 2 months, because it took me less than that time to figure out what Twitter is about. Though there is always MORE too!

No comments:

Post a Comment