Saturday, October 17, 2009

Communication+Me= HORRIBLE!

October 15, 2009



Communication. One of the many things I am terrible with. I very rarely tell anyone how I feel, what I think, what I'm feeling, what I want and so on. I don't tell my best friend, my mother, my family, not one person. It's all stored inside of me. I have a hard time with opening up. Sometimes I'm grateful for it, and other times...I just wish I had the power to be open and let people see what I feel. But I don't.



I can honestly say I write my feelings down better than I can say them. I can write down what I think better than I can say it. Unless of course I'm telling a person what I think of them, but even then I sometimes can't. Communicating is hard for me. And I hate public speaking.



I guess I'm kind of shy as well, but it's in a reserved and cautious kind of way. It's not in a "Blushing at every word that's said to me" kind of way. I'm not good with people. When a person says something and I don't think it's important or interesting I don't really say anything. It's very hard for me to explain seeing as it's my problem. I don't freeze up when a person talks to me, but like I said, if it's not important or interesting, I say nothing.



It's hard online at times as well. If a person is making small talk with me I don't think of anything to really say because I do not know that person. It's almost amazing I've made a few friends online on Twitter!



I was talking to someone on Twitter and he said that when I write about my communication problem to give him the link for it. But I really don't know what to say about this. Is that another sign that I'm a bad communicator? Maybe.



Maybe I just need lessons on this stuff. Is there a class for that? Blogging and communicating, that is. Probably. They seem to have a class for almost everything. I could do that. It would be hard for me. Because the class would probably make me stand up in front of others and talk to them about a certain subject that the teacher chooses. Which really sucks. I'm not sure what to do.



I used to be able to talk with my mom about anything. Same with my best friend. But over the past 4 years things have changed for me and about me. People say change is good and I used to think so. But is it really? When that change is so bad?

6 comments:

  1. Well I used to have a variation of what you have. I had trouble communicating my feelings and opinions with people. However, I started to write about two and half years ago and it kind of changed things for me. I had trouble finding topics to write about but eventually that got easier for me and writing got easier for me. Consequently, my thoughts are more organized and I have a better grasp on how to communicate with people. I don't for sure that it would work for you, but might be worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. In what kind of time frame did that change for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts were clearer and it became easier for me to express myself. At times you might be conflicted about an issue and not be sure where you fall exactly on the topic. Try writing about it. It will force you to develop your ideas and actually make a little research about it if need be. Hope it helps

    ReplyDelete